Thank you to the Nutritional Therapy Association for sponsoring this episode!
Welcome to the very first edition of the Sustainable Dish Podcast. I had such a great time working on the Modern Farm Girls Podcast, but my co-host Liz Wolfe has decided to spend more time with her baby (Liz and I are still great friends!) and I wanted to interview a broader audience: not only women in farming and not only farmers, but all sorts of experts from food and nutrition to farming and also related lifestyles like sleep and movement experts. Because of this, I have decided to focus my energy on this new show, Sustainable Dish. I have a few more episodes left of Real Food Radio, but soon I’ll be only focusing on this one show so that I can attempt to have a slightly more sustainable life myself!
On the first episode of the Sustainable Dish Podcast, we talk with Ellery Kimball of Blue Heron Farm.
Mentioned in this Episode
- Blue Heron Organic Farm
- Prescott College in Arizona
- Mini farm tour on the West coast
- Farming for the last 15 years
- The importance of taking time for yourself
- Support of local chefs and restaurateurs
- Current business model
- Farm stand, farmers market, whole sale
- No mechanization on the farm
- Labyrinth flower garden
- Pick your own wedding flowers
- Advice for people getting into farming
- Check out the quick video clip I took of Ellery playing her banjo at the farm!