I recently went out to my favorite Brazilian restaurant and I have to say, even though the meats are amazing, I’m even more impressed with how tasty the hot bar is, and how fresh the salad bar is. I always go for their fresh cabbage-based salad and decided to recreate it at home. I spiced it up just a touch with a jalapeño. I served it to our farm crew as a side dish to pulled pork for lunch. It was a huge hit!
- ½ - ¾ head of green cabbage, sliced very thin
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, diced small
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- ½ medium red onion, sliced very thin
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, tomatoes, onion, and parsley.
- Mix well with tongs.
- Add the lemon juice and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. It's that easy!
Image credit for cabbage portrait: Heidi Murphy