Welcome to the very first episode of Real Food Radio! We’re passionate about food that truly nourishes and fundamentally respects human dignity and health, animal welfare, social justice, and environmental sustainability. Ayla Withee is a Registered Dietitian who blogs at eatsimply.org and is the owner of Boston Functional Nutrition. I am a nutritionist and author, living on an organic farm, blogging at sustainabledish.com and the owner of Radiance Nutritional Therapy. Join us each episode for information on functional nutrition, lifestyle tips, and much more!
With cold and flu season upon us, we discuss our favorite tips and tricks for boosting immunity. Hint: Ditch the sugar and pick up a steaming cup of bone broth.
Also discussed in Episode 1…
- Meet Diana Rodgers & Ayla Withee!
- Our stance on real food and how it differs from conventional advice
- Gut health: The first line of defense in healing the immune system
- Probiotic & prebiotic-rich foods to promote healthy gut bacteria
- Sugar’s role in chronic inflammation & suppressing the immune system
- How sleep affects our immune system
- The healing benefits of delicious bone broth
- Supplements and herbal remedies to boost immune system: Elderberry syrup, Vitamin C, Echinacea & Multivitamins
- Oil pulling
- Epsom salt baths
Links mentioned in Episode 1…
Music Credit: www.bensound.com
Thanks for listening!